Fairfield Equine seeks a highly qualified, energetic, go-getter to join our Equine Ambulatory Technician team headquartered in Newtown, Connecticut. The ideal candidate must have experience working with horses in a veterinary setting. This challenging position requires some travel as well as relocation during the winter season to our satellite practice in Wellington, Florida.
Fairfield Equine is a multiple-veterinarian equine sports medicine practice offering services including lameness, surgery, MRI, scintigraphy, 24-hour emergencies, ambulatory, wellness and diagnostic imaging.
We offer excellent compensation and benefits. Wages are DOQ.
- Passion for veterinary medicine with show horse background.
- Prior equine vet tech experience a plus but not required.
- Licensed Veterinary Technician a plus.
- Excellent horse-handling, communication, customer service, and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage horses of different disciplines.
- Ability to carry up to 70 pounds for a short distance and jog horses for lameness exams.
- Self-motivated, positive attitude with strong work eithic and good time management skills.
- Efficiently multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to travel for extended periods.
Background check, motor vehicle records history, and drug testing required.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume’ to email@example.com, and refer to position #FEA-AMB920.