Client Services Specialist
The Client Services Specialist is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Hospital Manager and supporting medical staff to provide exceptional customer service while maintaining a smooth and efficient flow of clients and patients through the animal hospital.
· Follows established policy and procedures in scheduling clients for prompt treatment of ill and/or injured patients, as well as proper scheduling of patients in need of vaccinations, rechecks, surgeries, in-hospital procedures, and other services that require the doctors’ and technicians’ time.
· Helps with client reminders for annual health assessments, parasite checks, dentistry, senior care, etc.
· Invoices clients, collects fees, and obtains authorization for credit charges following the credit policies of the hospital.
· Demonstrates basic emergency procedures and can give proper information on transporting the patient to the hospital. Responsible for advising hospital staff about incoming emergencies.
· Maintains appearance and cleanliness of the waiting room and reception area, including re-stocking of products, office supplies, client educational materials, hospital brochures, etc.
· Prepares and sends welcome letters, new client information packets, referral and thank you letters, condolences, long wait notes, and other correspondence for the doctors and/or Hospital Manager.
· Demonstrates a full working knowledge of PIMS procedures and functional applications.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
· High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Prior client service experience in related area preferred but not required
· Proper telephone etiquette and client service excellence
· Basic veterinary medical knowledge, including products and services
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office, e-mail, and practice management software experience preferred)
· Strong organizational skills with ability to multi-task and still attend to details
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Debbie.Kaufman@NVA.com
Exciting Opportunity - Equine Ambulatory Technician!
Fairfield Equine seeks a highly qualified, energetic, go-getter to join our Equine Ambulatory Technician team headquartered in Newtown, Connecticut. The ideal candidate must have experience working with horses in a veterinary setting. This challenging position requires some travel as well as relocation during the winter season to our satellite practice in Wellington, Florida.
Fairfield Equine is a multiple-veterinarian equine sports medicine practice offering services including lameness, surgery, MRI, scintigraphy, 24-hour emergencies, ambulatory, wellness and diagnostic imaging.
We offer excellent compensation and benefits. Wages are DOQ.
- Passion for veterinary medicine with show horse background.
- Prior equine vet tech experience a plus but not required.
- Licensed Veterinary Technician a plus.
- Excellent horse-handling, communication, customer service, and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage horses of different disciplines.
- Ability to carry up to 70 pounds for a short distance and jog horses for lameness exams.
- Self-motivated, positive attitude with strong work eithic and good time management skills.
- Efficiently multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to travel for extended periods.
Background check, motor vehicle records history, and drug testing required.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Debbie.Kaufman@NVA.com, and refer to position #FEA-AMB920.